1. Must be 15 years or younger by the tournament date. All players must show ID (US govt. issued ID or Passport only) during check-in time.
2. Each team must represent their own club/academy and a player may only represent/play for one team. We encourage clubs/academies to form their own teams instead of merging with another club/academy.
3. Each team has a maximum of 10 players for each age level. Available levels and events are 9U, 11U, 13U & 15U and BS, BD, GS, GD & XD.
4. Each player may enter maximum of 2 events. Player is prohibited to play at an event for different gender, except XD or by the tournament organizer discretion.
5. Player who already participated at 3 Junior USAB sanctioned tournaments by the tournament registration deadline MUST NOT register for the Division 2.
6. Player is prohibited to play at two different Divisions, age levels or events.
7. Player who won 1st place for 2 consecutive times at the same level, event, and with the same partner if doubles, must either move up a level, change partner if doubles, or skip the event.
8. We reserved the right to move players to accordance levels or disqualify player/s if they are caught to be playing below their age level and not caught or moved by the tournament committee prior to tournament draw.
9. We reserved the right to cancel or combine any event if the minimum number of 4 entries per event is not met.
10. Player will be defaulted from a match if he/she is not available within 10 minutes from the time the match is announced, regardless if the tournament is on time or running behind the published schedule. Player will not be defaulted if he/she is being called earlier than the published tournament schedule.
11. Player must check-in at the tournament table at least 30 minutes prior player's first match and
12. A match is best 2 of 3 games. A game has 21 points BWF rally scoring system. A deuce in a game is when each side has 20 points each. A win in a deuce situation is when one side led by 2 points or reached the 30 points first.
13. All consolation matches except the Final are only 1 game of 21 points with deuce. Players must switch side during the 1 minute break at 11 points interval.
14. A 3 minutes warm-up is allowed before the start of the first game on each match. 1-minute break is allowed on the 11th point of each 21 points game. 1 minute break is allowed in between game 1 and 2. Players must switch court side after each game. If game 3 is necessary, a 2 minutes break is allowed before game 3 start and players must also switch court side during the 1 minutes 11th point break.
15. We will provide umpire for the 9U, 11U & 13U matches only. Umpire for 15U only if necessary.
16. No line judges will be provided for any events. Line judging/calling is an umpire responsibility and final decision. Coach, parent, or spectator may not assist players by calling or signaling "in" or "out" prior to the shuttlecock hit the ground. If there is a dispute, tournament organizer may exercise a let call.
17. Each player is responsible for his/her own health/accidental insurance in case of injury/emergency during the tournament/event.
18. Only 2 shuttlecocks will be given per match. If more shuttlecock is required to finish a match, each player must supply 1 shuttlecock. To maintain consistency and enjoyment of the match, we suggested the use minimum of Yonex Aerosensa 20 shuttlecocks.
19. Players who won 1st place on each event may collect $50.00 monetary awards which MUST be deposited under the player's qualified Educational Saving Account (ESA). Refusal to open or show a proof of an existing ESA will forfeit the right to claim the award. There will be no substitution for cash or any type of personal account deposit. Award must be claimed within 30 days from the tournament date or it will be considered as abandoned. Please be advised! Most ESA is a type of investment fund account. Please invest wisely and at your own risk. Please ask your own financial advisor for more details as there is a possibility of loss and no investment guarantee.
20. The team who collect the most point is the LFB JR Team Trophy II winner and the $500.00 Team Prize Money winner. Each team collects 1 point from their player who won 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place on all events for 11U, 13U, and 15U. Winning Team will also have their team name engraved at the LFB JR Team Trophy II.
21. Doubles pair will be counted as 1 point except when the doubles pair is made up of 2 players from the 2 different teams then each player will earn 1 point for their respective team.
22. In a tie situation, equal points collected between 2 or more teams;
a. Division 2 Only: We will count the points from the 9U level among the teams who are in the tied. The same point count applies as explained at rule# 21.
b. Division 1 & 2: We will count the points from the Division 1 among the teams who are in the tied. The same point count applies as explained at rule# 21.
23. Coach/Team Captain must present during the tournament and must remain present until the conclusion of the tournament. Coach/Team captain must be 18 yrs or older.
24. All fees/dues must be paid when submitting the registration form. Returned check fee is $25/attempt.
25. Full refund will be given if player withdraw before the tournament draw is published. No refund after the tournament draw is published. We usually published the tournament draw on our website 3 days before the tournament day.
26. Privacy statement: We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the security of your personal information. Rest assured that we will not share your personal information to anyone. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your personal information.
27. All players must comply with U.S. Anti Doping Agency. Violation will result in disqualification or reversal.
Who can form a JR (junior) team?
A club or an organization who practice/function as a junior training center. It is not for any individual who can gather x number of players and form a made up team.
What is the minimum number of players to form a team? What if I don't have the minimum requirement?
We only require 4 players to form a team. If you don't have 4, then you have to join other established team.
Instead of joining other team, can I borrow other team players to play for my team?
The answer is depending on the team captain/coach of the team you will borrow the player/s from and also the parents' consent. However, please restraint from borrowing players if possible because this may create unnecessary conflict later.
Why the prize money for the Division 1 must be directly deposited to the Education Saving Account?
Because Education is our core belief in our junior players and we want to support them. Ultimately one day we hope to be able to provide somekind of scholarship for those who qualify.
What are the qualified Education Saving Accounts?
We approved 529 plan, Coverdell education savings accounts, Uniform Gifts to Minors Act (UGMA) accounts and Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UTMA) accounts. Please ask your Financial Advisor about which plan is best for you.
My son/daughter won 1st place for the Division 1, but he/she doesn't have Educational Saving Account yet?
We (LFB) will give you 30 days from the tournament date to open up an account. Please ask your Financial Advisor about which plan is best for you.
Should my son/daughter enter Division 1 or 2?
The purpose we created 2 divisions, 1 and 2, is to separate the more experience players from the ones who just started to train. We want to make sure that our tournament will encourage them to train even harder, not being humiliated by a devastating defeat. Your son/daugther is considered as a Division 1 player if he/she is a registered USAB players and participated on any 3 USAB JR sanction tournaments. However, the coach/team captain may request for permission to enter him/her under the Division 2. Please remember that we as an adult/parent/coach/team captain should lead an example of being honest and there is no honor in winning if we cheat.
Will all participation on any USAB JR sanction tournament count?
The answer is no. We only count tournaments that give points. If the tournament does not give point toward the JR ranking, then it does not count toward the LFB JR divisions.
How do the team point being counted?
We count all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners on Division 1 as 1 point for both single or doubles. The only exception is for a doubles pair that made up of players from 2 different teams which in this case each team will earn 1 point each. We count the points from the 9U, 11U, 13U, and 15U levels, and the team with the most point win. Please read rule# 20 - 22 for mode detail and for a tie situation.
How do LFB determine the types of draw?
Round Robin if there are 3 to 4 entries (event will be cancelled if less than )
Full Feed Double Elimination up to Semi Final if there are 5 to 8 entries (Consolation Draw will be for the 3rd place)
1st Match Double Elimination if more than 9 entries (in general no future match after the 2nd lost, except at the Semi Final round, they will play for 3rd place)
More FAQ coming soon ...