YONEX LFB Tournament
Welcome to Yonex LFB JR (Junior) and GC (Good Cause) Series tournaments. Our mission is to promote badminton in our community for both the junior and adult age groups.
APR - LFB JR Spring Break
MAY - LFB GC Spring 4 Good
OCT - LFB JR Back 2 School
NOV - LFB GC Thanksgiving
2018 Volunteer Opportunities:
May - Umpires and Score Keepers
The first Junior tournament that features Education Saving Account (ESA) prize moneys for the 1st place winners. The LFB JR also features $500 prize money for the winning team badminton development program. Medals for all the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and consolation draw winners.
● Division 1 is for players who have participated at 3 or more Junior USAB sanctioned tournaments.
● Division 2 is for players who have participated at 2 or less Junior USAB sanctioned tournaments.
BS, BD, GS, GD, XD
Tournament Draw: April 2018
Registration: March 2018
Back 2 School 2017
Spring Break 2017
Back 2 School 2016
Spring Break 2016
Back 2 School 2015
Spring Break 2015
Back 2 School 2014
Spring Break 2014
Back 2 School 2013
Spring Break 2013
We believe that we can use the prize money to make a better impact helping others in need rather than for personal pleasure. LFB GC features $500.00 prize money to be donated to the winning team choice of charity. It also feature individual prize money for the Advanced levels 1st and 2nd place winners. Medals for all 1st, 2nd, 3rd and consolation draw winners.
Available Levels & Event:
● Beginner / D : MD, WD, XD
● Intermediate / C : MS, MD, WD, XD
● Advanced / B : MD, WD, XD
● Senior / 40+ : MD, WD, XD
Tournament Draw: May 2018
Registration: April 2018
Spring 4 Good 2017
Spring 4 Good 2016
Spring 4 Good 2015
Yonex USA has been the sole sponsor for LFB tournaments since 2012 and we are very grateful for Yonex generosity all these years. Please watch their latest promotion.
Please visit Yonex USA website for more product info: www.YonexUSA.com
LFB tournament was started in 2011 with the Good Cause (GC) tournament. The main purpose of the GC tournament is to benefit others in need. Following are our goals:
1. We want players to play with attitude to win it for others; donate the prize money for their charity of choice.
2. We want our players to feel that they accomplish it together; team effort, not about being 1st, 2nd or 3rd winners.
3. We also want to create a tournament where player skill level is regulated so it will be fair and enjoyable for everyone; team entry and no cross levels.
We have adjusted our regulations few times to make our tournaments better and continue to achieve our goals.
Our Junior (JR) tournament started in 2012 with 2 focuses: Encouragement and Education.
1. Encouragement: One of the LFB founder was an active USAB umpire and he officiated many matches between inexperienced junior players who somehow got unlucky draw with seeded players. He witnessed many broken hearted junior players who got discouraged because of the humiliated defeat. Why are those inexperienced junior players have to be in the same tournament or draw with the seeded players?
2. LFB founders are very serious when it comes to education/stay in school. We want all our junior players to graduate with an undergraduate degree at the minimum. We trully wish that we can give away full scholarship to all junior players who deserve it, but for now we have to start small until we pick up good sponsorships.
Now that you know about our vision and mission, we hope that you will join our tournament and/or support us. Thank you & God bless you.